Starting Oct 3rd 1:00 Est
Innovation RIO Best Practices Webinar Series
Predicting a return from an investment is difficult and requires some estimation and forecasting. Most innovation managers do not know what the ROI of innovation is for their organization.
Learn what, when, and how to measure innovation ROI.The Eureka! Ranch and Innovation Engineering Institute has partnered with the Innovation Research Interchange (IRI) to explore Innovation ROI best practices.
Greg Lemmon, Eureka! Ranch Statistician will discuss what we’ve learned so far including:
- 0:00 Introduction and agenda
- 2:50 Survey Link
- 3:47 Large variance of scope and ROI estimates
- 7: 39 ROI from new products
- 8: 20 ROI from a project vs entire system
- 10:30 Revenue from new products
- 11:40 Number of innovations introduced over 3 years
- 13:53 R&D Spend
- 16:02 Marketing Spend
- 17:01 Market Research Experiments
- 18:02 Training
- 19:38 How we spend our time
- 20:23 Strategy for the different levels of newness
- 26:33 When to measure or estimate ROI
- 30:00 Opportunities to work together
Helping Established Organizations Do New & Meaningful Work
Established in 1986, the Eureka! Ranch is known for its big ideas. When organizations realize that doing the same old stuff isn’t going to cut it anymore, they come to the Eureka! Ranch with their challenges and leave with an abundance of unique solutions and possibilities.
The Eureka! Team not only gets people to invent big, disruptive ideas,
but also give them the courage and skills to take action.
Their success is based on a scientific and data-grounded approach to creativity and innovation. Change is difficult, but not impossible, and with Eureka! Ranch’s system, change can become reliable and repeatable.
Webinar Presented By
Greg Lemmon is a statistician and web developer with over a decade of successful experience inventing and developing innovations and doing cutting-edge market research in the field of innovation. Greg specializes in research and development for systems that enable innovation. In addition to leading research efforts for the Eureka! Ranch and the Innovation Engineering Institute, Greg assists innovation leaders at other companies with the design of experiments, data analysis, and their innovation systems.
Greg has successfully shipped new innovations for improving creativity, marketing, sales forecasting, market research, project management and even blending bourbon. By leveraging data-grounded research, Greg has also successfully stopped thousands of innovation projects that were risky or of low potential value to the organization.
Private Workshops Available
Schedule an Innovation ROI Workshop
Follow a proven process for estimating ROI
1. Define Scope & Levels of Innovation
2. Define & Estimate Investments in Innovation and returns from Innovation
3. Model & Forecast ROI. Create alternative scenarios to plan strategies.