How it Works
Unlike other courses, this training was built from the ground up to take advantage of the benefits provided by an online cohort instead of simply moving an in-person course to a digital format.
Pre-Work Digital Classes: Prior to attending each virtual session, you’ll watch a collection of videos that average about 60 minutes in total. Each video covers a collection of the skills that make up the Innovation Engineering body of knowledge. The videos provide a foundation of understanding and a very easy way to revisit and remind yourself on key concepts when you are working on applying Innovation Engineering with teams in your organization.
Online Group Meetups Every other week you’ll meet with your instructor and a group of peers. We’ll use this time to:
• Review your work in applying what you have learned to your organization. This provides a way to start using what you learn while still having the support of an instructor and peer group. Leveraging the group can offer guidance and help you to adapt and problem solve as issues arise.
• Learn new skills by leveraging the diversity of the group through hands-on Lab classes where you see, feel, and experience the skills and sub-skills you learned through the Digital Classes. It’s through this first-person experience that you’ll gain the tools, techniques, and guidance to take what you learn and apply it to your organization.
• Plan how you will apply the latest skills to your organization to create an outline for the next two weeks that will provide guidance for your implementation and increase your chance of successfully applying the skills.
• Experience real-time ROI when you apply what you are learning at work. Guided by your instructors, you will be driving strategic missions forward leading to tangible results.
• During the time between meetups you will be applying what you learn to do things such as: investigating IP protection for ideas, developing systems for estimating the internal or external value of ideas, building or enhancing your idea development system, and more.
• Through this course you will be able to take advantage of the immediacy of an online course while still having the support and collaboration of an in-person course.
• Start Date: January 18th, 2022
• End Date: April 26th, 2022
• Meetups: 8 Bi-Weekly
• Times: 12:30 pm – 5:00 pm (ET)