The Innovation Engineering Leadership Course provides an overview on what is required for you to develop an innovation culture - one that supports faster, smarter, and more creative ideas to deliver bigger innovation and continuous improvement. Graduates of this Leadership Course will know how Innovation Engineering works and their role in leading Systems Driven Innovation.
What You Will Learn
FROM THIS 2.5-DAY COURSE YOU WILL TAKE AWAY:
- Systems Driven Innovation™ Mindset: You will understand how by thinking of Innovation as a system - you can turn it from a gamble to a reliable business and profit building asset.
- Understanding of Executive Tools That You Can Make You More Effective.
- First Person Experience with Smarter Systems for Enabling Innovation.
- Hope that Innovation can be done faster and with less risk.
YOU WILL ALSO TAKE AWAY INSIGHTS ON YOUR ORGANIZATION LIKE:
- If your organization has a FUTURE PROOFED mindset...and what you can do to grow existing employees - and what traits to focus on for new people
- If your organization has the MUSCLE POWER in training and tools to win with innovation...and what investments in internal capabilities would provide the fastest/biggest ROI.
- If your organization has the MOMENTUM toward innovation that is needed to win today...and the smartest way to enable innovation based on your culture’s readiness to innovate
This 2.5 day course covers 10 systems and 10 tools that are critical for innovative leaders of innovative teams.
DAY 2 - EXECUTIVE TOOLS FOR ENABLING INNOVATION
• Tool - The four steps for improving any system
• Tool - Trailblazer - Making the unknown known
• Tool - Blue Cards - Commander’s Strategic Intent
• Tool - Check Lists - The secret to increased speed and decreased risk
• Tool - Using Math and Writing to drive deeper thinking
• Tool - Never Ending Reinvention Cycles
• Tool - How to cut 90% of the cost of customer feedback
• Tool - Patent & Wisdom Mining
• Tool - Metrics that drive smarter systems
• Tool - Enabling A Culture of System Learning
DAY 1 - FUNDAMENTAL INNOVATION ENGINEERING SYSTEMS
• System Definitions and Thinking System
• Systems for Alignment - Blue Cards
• Systems for Creating & Problem Solving
• Systems for Communicating Innovations
• Systems for Doing smarter Math on innovations - early in the process
• Systems for Commercializing Innovations with increased speed and decrease risk
• Systems for Reducing Risk - Rapid Research
• System for smarter Team Feedback - Idea Scan
• Systems for Working Smarter - Collaboration internal and external
• Systems for Disciplined Project Acceleration
How it Works
A real life innovation case study is shared, with permission of the company, detailing their challenges with transforming a very old company in a highly regulated industry. It’s a journey of a company that while making very good money - is coming towards a cliff as their marketplace could very well vaporize. It’s a story of confronting reality and reinventing how the company did business - produced it’s offerings - who they sell to and what they sell. The evening event ends with a dinner with craft beer, fine wine and some of the world’s top bourbons, American Whiskey’s and Scotch Whisky.
DAY 1: Leadership’s role in turning innovation into a reliable system instead of a random gamble. This class provides an overview understanding of the 5 Innovation Engineering university courses in just 1 day. The class details how leadership can inspire and teach their staff how to do more than they ever expected or believed they could. It’s grounded in data-validated systems for creating, communicating and commercializing fresh ideas.
DAY 2: Leadership’s role in busting bureaucracy, activating strategy & enabling employee engagement. This class teaches leaders what they can do to help enable a culture of innovation. It includes advanced tools for strategy activation and a four-step antidote to help their culture bust through internally created bureaucratic barriers. Leaders also learn methods for igniting greater engagement of managers and front-line employees in a culture of working smarter, faster and more creatively.
When you return home after the course, you'll get expert coaching as you apply the skills to your real work.
In the 60 days that follow the class you will be given a collection of assignments to apply your new skills to work that's relevant to you. Each submission will be guided by an Innovation Engineering Black Belt. Once you successfully pass all assignments, you'll be given an Innovation Engineering Silver Belt Certification.
from leader to leader
Innovation Engineering is a powerful way to enable an organization to create a real culture of innovation. Below are some leaders talking about their own experience and how it's helped their organization.
Tuition & Timing
For the Training Course + Tools + Coaching + Certification which includes video pre-work, 2 in class days and 60 days of coaching on application assignments that apply to your real work the tuition is $3,000* USD per person.
* Costs may vary due to facility fees and international conversion rates at various locations. Please, click the specific course below to see the pricing for that location.
PRIVATE Programs are the most effective approach, as they enable deep conversations on the application of the teaching to your immediate world. Contact us to explore a private program for your group.
PUBLIC Programs are an easy way to get started. Note: In the executive program, it is best to attend a public program with at least 3 others from your organization.