The Innovation Engineering Executive Course teaches you the how to lead and sustain an innovative team or company. Rather than an "empowerment" approach, where employees are passively given permission to innovate, this is an "enabling" approach. In this course you learn what it takes to actively lead and enable your teams to do the kind of innovation you've always hoped for.
What You Will Learn
FROM THIS 2.5-DAY COURSE YOU WILL TAKE AWAY:
- Systems Driven Innovation™ Mindset: You will understand how by thinking of Innovation as a system - you can turn it from a gamble to a reliable business and profit building asset.
- Understanding of Executive Tools That You Can Make You More Effective.
- First Person Experience with Smarter Systems for Enabling Innovation.
- Hope that Innovation can be done faster and with less risk.
YOU WILL ALSO TAKE AWAY INSIGHTS ON YOUR ORGANIZATION LIKE:
- If your organization has a FUTURE PROOFED mindset...and what you can do to grow existing employees - and what traits to focus on for new people
- If your organization has the MUSCLE POWER in training and tools to win with innovation...and what investments in internal capabilities would provide the fastest/biggest ROI.
- If your organization has the MOMENTUM toward innovation that is needed to win today...and the smartest way to enable innovation based on your culture’s readiness to innovate
This 2.5 day course covers 10 systems and 10 tools that are critical for innovative leaders of innovative teams.
DAY 2 - EXECUTIVE TOOLS FOR ENABLING INNOVATION
• Tool - The four steps for improving any system
• Tool - Trailblazer - Making the unknown known
• Tool - Blue Cards - Commander’s Strategic Intent
• Tool - Check Lists - The secret to increased speed and decreased risk
• Tool - Using Math and Writing to drive deeper thinking
• Tool - Never Ending Reinvention Cycles
• Tool - How to cut 90% of the cost of customer feedback
• Tool - Patent & Wisdom Mining
• Tool - Metrics that drive smarter systems
• Tool - Enabling A Culture of System Learning
DAY 1 - FUNDAMENTAL INNOVATION ENGINEERING SYSTEMS
• System Definitions and Thinking System
• Systems for Alignment - Blue Cards
• Systems for Creating & Problem Solving
• Systems for Communicating Innovations
• Systems for Doing smarter Math on innovations - early in the process
• Systems for Commercializing Innovations with increased speed and decrease risk
• Systems for Reducing Risk - Rapid Research
• System for smarter Team Feedback - Idea Scan
• Systems for Working Smarter - Collaboration internal and external
• Systems for Disciplined Project Acceleration
How it Works
A real life innovation case study is shared, with permission of the company, detailing their challenges with transforming a very old company in a highly regulated industry. It’s a journey of a company that while making very good money - is coming towards a cliff as their marketplace could very well vaporize. It’s a story of confronting reality and reinventing how the company did business - produced it’s offerings - who they sell to and what they sell. The evening event ends with a dinner with craft beer, fine wine and some of the world’s top bourbons, American Whiskey’s and Scotch Whisky.
After the evening reception, the next 2 days will be focused on getting you immersed in the concepts. The first day will cover systems, the second will cover tools. Both days will “fly by.” The learning is clear, focused and highly relevant. You learn through short, focused lectures combined with hands on experiences - and facilitated discussion on the challenges you face as an executives. The course is lead by Innovation Engineering Black Belts who have experience working with C-Level executives - and often as top executives themselves.
When you return home after the course, you'll get expert coaching as you apply the skills to your real work.
In the 60 days that follow the class you will be given a collection of assignments to apply your new skills to work that's relevant to you. Each submission will be guided by an Innovation Engineering Black Belt. Once you successfully pass all assignments, you'll be given an Innovation Engineering Silver Belt Certification.
from leader to leader
Innovation Engineering is a powerful way to enable an organization to create a real culture of innovation. Below are some leaders talking about their own experience and how it's helped their organization.
Tuition & Timing
For the Training Course + Tools + Coaching + Certification which includes video pre-work, 2 in class days and 60 days of coaching on application assignments that apply to your real work the tuition is $3,000* USD per person.
* Costs may vary due to facility fees and international conversion rates at various locations. Please, click the specific course below to see the pricing for that location.
PRIVATE Programs are the most effective approach, as they enable deep conversations on the application of the teaching to your immediate world. Contact us to explore a private program for your group.
PUBLIC Programs are an easy way to get started. Note: In the executive program, it is best to attend a public program with at least 3 others from your organization.
June 14 - 16, 2017
Eureka! Ranch International, Ltd.
3849 Edwards Road
Newtown, Ohio 45244