Innovation Engineering Leadership Retreat
Innovation is table-stakes in today’s world. But what is a leader’s role in that system to ensure innovation is enabled throughout the organization? Should you show unwavering confidence? Should you operate by committee to get buy-in? Should you be allowing big blue sky thinking? Should you put compensation and reward systems in for innovating? What do you “count” as innovation?
At the Innovation Engineering Leadership Retreat we’ll show you a methodology that can guide you and your organization into an innovation evolution. You’ll get to see, feel and experience a system that not only creates and delivers innovation, but does it while reducing risk.
But most importantly, you’ll learn how to build and lead an innovative team and organization – and even get started working on your unique plans to evolve your company’s approach to innovation.
Fair Warning: Many of the things you’d assume to be true about accelerating innovation in your company, aren’t. In fact, many of the popular tactics used today can slow, stop or worsen your innovation attempts.
“It gives you a completely different perspective on leading and managing businesses. Businesses have to be fast moving. Have to adapt rapidly. This gives you the tools to really think in different and dynamic ways…It gives you a completely wholistic view of how to really develop and change your business in a way that’s proven.”
Day 1 - FOCUS ON LEARNING INNOVATION LEADERSHIP SYSTEMS & TOOLS
- 7:30a - 8a
- Meet and greet your fellow leaders
- 8a - 9a
- Systems that Enable Speed to Market Success
- Data, research, and a live experiment validate before your very eyes the power of applying systems thinking to innovation.
- 9a - 10a
- Innovation Success Through Alignment
- Learn a simple system for creating the three alignments: 1) Strategic Alignment, 2) Departmental Alignment, and 3) Team Alignment.
- 10a - 11a
- Turbo Charging Brainstorming by 700%
- Learn the two secrets for transforming the effectiveness of your personal and professional ability to create ideas to problem solve challenges.
- 11a - 12.30p
- Driving Out Fear with Clear Communication & Fast Customer Research
- Learn to use writing to think deeper about your ideas to say with clarity what your idea is and why anyone should care, and experience the power of rapid feedback
- 12.30p - 1.15p
- 1.15p - 2p
- Doing Smarter Math on Innovations - Early in the Process
- Learn advanced tools for doing the math, including Fermi estimating and Monte-Carlo "risk adjusted" sales forecasting, to transform decision speed and learning cycles.
- 2p - 3p
- Driving Out Compromising on BIG IDEAS During Development
- Learn to use Simultaneous Engineering and Plan, Do, Study, Act cycles of learning, resulting in ideas growing 28% in value during development.
- 3p - 4p
- Innovation Case Study
- A real life innovation case study detailing a company's challenges with transforming a very old company in a highly regulated industry and how they achieved success "FAST & CHEAP” with system driven innovation.
- 4p - 5p
- Getting Started on Your Business
- We kick start your team’s thinking about your organization’s innovation history and areas ripe for innovation as we prepare for the sample Strategy Activation session on day 2.
- 5p - 7p
- Happy Hour & Dinner
- Enjoy Happy Hour at the on-site Threshfield’s Pub - stocked with the best whiskeys, local microbrews, and world class wine. Followed by dinner
Day 2 - SAMPLE STRATEGY ACTIVATION SESSION
- 7:30a - 8a
- Enjoy made-to-order omelets
- 8a - 12p
- Application to your Business
- START IT UP - NOW! On day 2 you get a hands-on experience applying innovation to your world through a rapid fire sample Innovation Engineering Strategy Activation session.
- 12p - 12:30p
- Planning Ahead
- Create a gameplan for what you'll do in your organization to leverage what you learned
- 12:30p - 1:30p
- Lunch & Dismissal